Demon Owned You RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon Owned You RPG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enderman

Enderman

Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Empty
PostSubject: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:40 am

Name: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance

Cost: 70

Element: Space

Effect: The user transforms all kinetic energy in a single object and turns it into potential energy, locking it's dimensional coordinates in place for a single post (ends at the end of the next post). To accomplish this, the user shoots a ball of brown, swirling energy from the palms or the tail that travels at 25 MPH and 50 feet. The user may choose a limb on a person's body, but cannot choose an interior organ to stop movement. If the organ was outside of the body, he could select it, but it couldn't be something like skin. Attempting to move the locked object is like pulling against a wall. If they wanted, someone could rip a locked arm off to continue battling. Only 2 objects can be locked at one time, but they can be released early to lock another object. Locking the head or the chest is not possible on a PC or an event/boss enemy.

Last edited by Enderman on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:59 am

Stopping everything from moving within a fifty yard radius for 10 mp is simply overpowered, regardless or duration. Five seconds is far more than enough to kill any one person. 150 feet of just stopping movement is an obscene amount of distance for this cost as well.

If you used this outside of battle it would still cost MP. For plot is between you and the players in your topic.

Back to top Go down
Enderman

Enderman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh, I apologize. I meant that I would also be paused, too. It's just to survey the area or catch a breath during battle.

And alright, edited.
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Quote :
Five seconds is far more than enough to kill any one person.

I understand (now) that you too are affected, but this makes little difference. What I said above still stands. For example, my Arcane Crossbow has a range that surpasses this spell's effective range. I could kill three people within five seconds with it (or otherwise maim them). Surveying the area is a fine idea for a spell, but because of how this is pulling it off will require several time more MP than you should spend for a spell that simply gives you five seconds to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Enderman

Enderman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Something that other people can do shouldn't effect a spells approvability.

But regardless, I could edit it so that the forces exerted in the area stop anything from entering, or that the forces in the area can only be noticed by someone affected by it, so the pause isn't noticed at all in a similar way that you can bend dimensions in space (theoretically). It would be like; If you were affected by it, you would notice the pause, but anyone outside of the range wouldn't notice it at all. Spacial Power covers this, but I could toss in Illusion if you'd like. Also, I will gladly lower the range and bump up the cost to keep it at a manageable price.
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 am

Is there a limit on how many 'locks' you can set? Also, what happens if you lock somebody's head? What if you do that while they're falling?
Back to top Go down
Enderman

Enderman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 am

No, but if there needs to be a limit I'll put it up.

If I lock someones head they just can't move they're head, though I see the problem. No head/chest locking?

And they would be acted on appropriately, as if they were grabbed by something. On a short fall, they would be suspended by the strength of the limb, the chest being the most comfortable for obvious reasons..
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:29 am

You'd need to either make a range for the spell or method of casting that involved physical contact. To lock it from range, it will need to be a projectile-type spell with a travel speed. You will need to limit its use. No chest or head locking.
Back to top Go down
Enderman

Enderman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 am

Edited.
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Drop the possible locks to two and raise the cost to 70.
Back to top Go down
Enderman

Enderman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:53 am

Edited.
Back to top Go down
Blueman
The Ultimate Troll
The Ultimate Troll
Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance   Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eye Ability: Transcend Dominance
Page 1 of 1